Clydebank Can Music Project
Awestruck Academy is excited to embark upon a partnership with Clydebank Can for free music lessons. The first 10 Week Project has been completed and was an enormous success and we are now accepting registrations for the second 10 week project.
Together we are giving the young people of Clydebank a musical voice.
Free music lesson places are now available on the dynamic Clydebank Can music project.
All local young people are welcome, whether already involved in music or looking to learn and experience being part of the band!
Awestruck guarantees a safe space with professionally trained, PVG checked tutors delivering Individual and group tuition in a range of instruments which are provided for use at the venue.
Individual and group instruction is included during sessions, plus online support and features for students to access in their own time.
We want as many young participants as possible to enjoy the creative inclusivity of making and sharing music with each other. Let’s make some noise about this fantastic opportunity!
- 10 week, free music lessons course in musical tuition based at Awestruck Academy, Clydebank
- Open to all local 12 – 18 year olds
- Tailored for all abilities from beginners to advanced
- Professional instruction in drums, keyboard, piano, guitar, bass and voice
- Musical theory – rhythm, pitch, melody and notation
- Performance practice – solo and group ensemble
- Supplementary online tuition for home study plus additional tutor support available on request
- Stage performance in Week 10 for family and friends with souvenir DVD for all participants
Health and Safety Measures
Due to Covid restrictions, we have put in place strict social distancing measures throughout the Academy.
- Participants will be split into 4 groups of 4 for 30 minutes per week. Lesson slots will be allocated in advance.
- Groups will form as a band in week 9 for a one hour rehearsal on the stage, ready to perform in week 10.
It is usual for us to ask permission to include participants in some photography and video footage of sessions and performances. Consent will be sought from parents or from young people if aged 16 or over.
Ready to Rock?